Do you find yourself arguing with your partner about the same things and not getting anywhere? Do you feel something's missing from what could otherwise be a great relationship? Are you engaged, newly married or in a long-term relationship and looking to build a strong, life-lasting foundation for your relationship?
Sometimes couples want to make changes to improve their relationship, but feel they don't necessarily need therapy. The Seven Principles Program for Couples is a workshop based on the internationally acclaimed research of Dr. John Gottman as presented in his New York Times Bestselling book, The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. *Open to all couples in a committed realtionship - being married is not required.
This video shows an overview of Gottman's Seven Principles.
Studies show that the Seven Principles Program improves relationship satisfaction among the majority of attendees at a fraction of the cost or traditional couples coaching and counselling.
The Seven Principles Couples set is included with your registration.** It includes The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, two Couples Guides, and Love Maps & Open-Ended Questions card decks.
Is this Workshop for Us?
Couples who would benefit from this workshop include:
- Everyone from newlyweds to seniors
- Those wishing to enhance a good relationship
- Those needing better conflict management skills
- Same-sex and heterosexual couples
Couples for Whom this Workshop is not Suited:
- Severe relationship distress
- Emotional abuse
- Intimate partner violence
- People not in recovery for their addiction
- Untreated mental health problmes in one or both partners
- Undisclosed and unprocessed affair
- Single people (attendance of both partners is required)
What You Will Learn in the Full Workshop:
- Research-based tools to help couples:
- Strengthen friendship, fondness and admiration
- Improve communication
- Enhance passion, romance and intimacy
- Manage conflict constructively
- Address perpetual and solveable problems
- Create shared meaning and work towards common goals
- Maintain gains throughout a lifetime
- Format includes lecture, video, discussion and private couple exercises.
What the Workshop is Not:
- It is not therapy
- it is not an event for open sharing of personal problems. All exercises and discussions will occur privately between you and your partner.
Information: Saturday May 23, 30 & June 6th, 2020. 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. ONLINE.
Cost: $399 per couple. Early bird fee of $349 if you register before May 10, 2020. Workshop fees may be covered by your extended benefits provider. Receipts can be issued to one partern (full amount) or split between partners. Ask your insurance provider for details. (sampe invoice available on request).
Sara Marlowe, MSW, RSW is a Gottman Educator for the Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work Couples Program and Bringing Baby Home: A Program for New Parents Experiencing the Transition to Parenthood. She has also completed the Level 3 Practicum Training in Gottman Method Couple's Therapy.
**pick up / drop off arrangements need to made - if that is not possible, some shipping fees may apply