Are you tired of frequent conflict with your partner? Arguing about the same things and not getting anywhere?
Do you feel something's missing from what could be a great partnership?
Are you engaged, newly married, or in a long-term relationship and looking to build a strong, life-lasting foundation for your relationship?
“Happy ever after is not by chance. It’s by choice.” – Dr. John Gottman, PhD
Sometimes, couples want to make some changes to improve their relationship, but don’t necessarily feel that they need therapy. The Seven Principles Program for couples is a workshop based on the internationally acclaimed research of Dr. John Gottman as presented in his New York Times Bestselling book The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. *Couples do not need to be married to benefit from this program. The title is aligned with his best-selling book & he was unable to change the title when it was updated.
Studies show that the Seven Principles program improves relationship satisfaction among the majority of attendees at a fraction of the cost of traditional couples coaching and counselling.
Learn more in this video about what the workshop will cover.
The Seven Principles Couples Set is included with your registration.
The Couples Set includes The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, two Couples Guides, and Love Maps and Open-Ended Questions card decks
Is this Workshop for Us?
Couples that would benefit from this workshop:
- In an intimate partner relationship of any form
- Common law or married
- Everyone from newlyweds to seniors
- Those who wish to enhance a good marriage
- Those needing better conflict management tools
- Same sex and heterosexual couples (I work to create a safe space for diverse couples)
Couples for whom this workshop is not suited:
- Severe relationship distress
- Emotional abuse
- Domestic violence (abuse)
- People not in recovery for their addiction
- Untreated mental health problems in one or both partners
- Single people (both partners are required to attend)
What You'll Learn in the Full Workshop:
Research-based tools to help couples:
- Strengthen friendship, fondness and admiration
- Improve communication
- Enhance passion, romance and intimacy
- Manage conflict constructively
- Address perpetual and solvable problems
- Create shared meaning and work towards common goals
- Maintain gains throughout a lifetime
- Format includes lectures, videos, discussion and private couple exercises
What the workshop is not:
- It is not therapy.
- It is not an event for open sharing of personal problems. All exercises and discussions will occur privately between you and your significant other.
Information: Class size is limited to 8 couples, and pre-registration is required. The fee is $450 per couple and must be paid in full in advance to secure your spot. Workshop fees may be covered by your extended health benefits. Ask your insurance provider for details. Materials provided. The class will take place online.
When: Saturday, May 23 and Sunday, May 24, 2020. 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Facilitator: Sara Marlowe, MSW, RSW is a therapist in private practice and at The Mindfulness Clinic. She has completed the Level 3 Practicum Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy. She is the mother of two children with her partner of over 25 years and they have the Gottmans’ work to partially thank for that.